Thursday, April 10, 2008

Counters and 12volt

The kitchen gets its fixed counters. The two holes get removable pieces. I have tried velcro, but they bounced out. Someday I will cover this with counter top covering.










Del's thoughts on electrical, make it easy to expand later. for now it gets two lights and power outlet. The hard part of working with a wood trailer is no metal ground, so I used bus bar purchased from an electronics store. The battery I borrowed from a ridding lawn mower (it is my riding lawn mower), yes my battery box will easily handle a bigger battery, and a deep cycle would be better (wheel chair batteries are deep cycle and small). I secured the box and ran all the ground through the bus bar. The battery is charged when the car is running. I have run my 12v electric blanket up to four 45 minute stints on this set up, with no noticeable light dimming.
Inside I installed a fuse box with more circuits than I thought it would ever need. I wired an interior light, a porch light, and a power outlet. Yes I did secure the wires so they look neeter, and you do not snag them when moving about in the trailer.









Here is the porch light controlled from inside. The plan is to add 110 volt later, and it is another subject.

del

No comments: