Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fiberglass

Before getting started make sure no staples are sticking up. Grind and/or pound the offending staples. The hardest part is getting the cloth to lay flat. Some one on the forum suggested using tape, to whom ever suggested it thank you, I have CRS and can not remember who.










You end up stretching the cloth slightly to get the wrinkles out. Focus your attention on the panel you are working on. I leave the overlap, and trim out the big folds. Yes when I work on the next panel it overlapped this one back the other way. The corners are covered twice.









To apply the resin I use a paint roller. I bought a half size roller handle, and cut full size rolers in half to fit it (thanks Doug). Use a paint roller pan with inserts to mix the resin. Start in one place and work away from it pushing bubbles away, remove tape as you go (do not bury it, ok try not to. Any staples sticking up will produce bubbles. The cloth I used is only 5' wide, so I will have to fill the bottom later. If I build this trailer again it will not be as tall, fixing this challenge.






Here is a picture of tape that is buried, shh do not tel anyone.


del

No comments: