Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Framing the Tail

I added a wall at the end of the cabin and started framing the counter top. The shelf at the right is for an ice chest. I also added the battery box. The triangular ply (1/2") is for the skin.











Ice chest in place. Yes I am vertically challenged so if the chest sat on the counter I would need a ladder.













I built four spars for the tail, plus two lower half spars. In between the spars I put braces level with counter. Everything above the braces is part of the hatch (do not cut yet). The top of the spar hooks to the hinge piece at the top.










Since the battery will be in this space I added drains for the lower floor. I used 1/2" pvc fiberglassed into the corners. I used a piece of square tubing to support the next piece. I framed out the lower half of the tail.












Here is the frame work finished. Note the jack and temporary brace, this frame work is weak till the skin is on.

del

No comments: