Wednesday, September 12, 2007

tail skin

To put the skin on, first cut the ply to length. Make sure the spars are running parallel to each other. You are about to put a lot of pressure on the spars, if one sticks out more than the others, it will be the cog that sticks up, and instead of getting beat down it will pop out(trust me). My strap clamps started out life as cargo straps. The straps are hooked to the frame underneath and I never found a good place on top (good luck). Once the glue dries trim the excess off both ends.






Repeat on other side.














Fillet in the spars and joints with fiberglass. A coat of fiberglass rolled on everything would be cheap insurance against moisture. Side note the second skin buckled as I bent it, should have removed it and installed a new piece.










Here is the only good picture I have of the trimmed tail. For now ignore the tail lite.



del

No comments: