Sunday, September 9, 2007

Framing back


Before I get into the frame work, a note, filleting the joints in the skin with fiberglass on the inside is a good idea now. Easy access and not working in a confined space are reasons.
Space the third spar assembly back. I spaced it back equal to the distance of the top of the rear skin, minus the piece off oak used to support the hinge, and the hinge itself (see next step). Note I made this section 7" longer than the plans. I used 1/2 ply to fill the space above the fenders. I had to use 1"x * (3/4" working thickness) to space the body high enough so I could make the floor flat.
MAKE SURE BODY IS SQUARE BEFORE CLAMPING.



I next installed two shelves, the upper one for storage, and the lower shelf is the electrical raceway. I copied the one Mike used in the generic benroy (top of the forum page).











The cabin ends here, but your feet extend just a bit farther, so rear wall had to be installed. I Used dimensions from the mattress I will use to determine the floor size. To make it easier I clamped a strait board to set the wall on while I glued it and stapled it.

Another project to work on is the support for the bottom of the skin. The fenders and the tires are in the way, draw out and measure the fenders (later I trimmed out body so you can reinstall the fenders) so remove them now. The stabilizer jacks will be handy now.




Here is the wall on. When dry trim along spar. I also installed the raceway ends, an access door goes across the rest of the space.

No comments: