Thursday, September 6, 2007

internal work


My first job is to support the front bottom corner of the curve. I did this with the piece that supports the bottom of the nose skins. Andrew included dimensions for this piece, except my trailer is six inches wider. Basically I drew it per plans and added three inches to both sides. Until the skin is on, this piece is weak, so temp bracing is in order. I then fiberglassed the joints.








At this point one should clamp legs on the body and clamp it to something secure. Wind will cause damage if you do not, trust me. I added bracing for the door, and started fiberglassing it in.











More bracing.














Added bracing to the front of the hinge spar. Under the brace you can see a patch used to fix wind damage. If you want two doors turn over and repeat. If two people will share this space, it is really handy to not crawl over someone, for night time walks. Being the sole occupant of this trailer, one door was sufficient.

del

edit
1. the bracing was not enough, had to add cable tensioners, to keep the door in shape.
Thing I considered, but did not mention.
2. Plan where the door latch goes, and leave space for it.
3. Consider where the hinge will go, and add bracing accordingly.

No comments: